We are now an accredited Prenatal Yoga School with Yoga Alliance! Check out our Yoga Alliance school page here.
yoga teacher training
Feb. 2018 - 85-hr Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Registered with Yoga Alliance as an 85 hour prenatal yoga teacher training through the mama‘hood Denver yoga school.
A comprehensive prenatal yoga training that includes modules on “All Levels Prenatal Yoga,” “Level 2/Prenatal Vinyasa,” “Restorative Prenatal,” “Partner Prenatal,” and the most progressive, holistic information you will find regarding perineal health.
This training is intended for yoga teachers, pregnant mamas, women intending to become pregnant, childbirth educators, doulas, midwives, nurses, mental health practitioners, and anyone who is interested in deepening their understanding of and/or teaching prenatal yoga.
During our time together we will learn, deepen our connection with the divine mother, awaken to ourselves as a sacred, beautiful, powerful woman, and dive into the abundant world of prenatal yoga. The journey we will embody together is guaranteed to be transformational, educational, and deeply soul-filling.
During the training you will acquire the following skills and knowledge:
- Understanding and embodiment of the benefits of a prenatal yoga practice in addition to what practices are typically safe during pregnancy and which practices to avoid
- Knowledge of how to modify a prenatal yoga practice for each trimester and an understanding of how yoga can serve women during each trimester
- Knowledge of alignment-based practices and how to incorporate them into all levels prenatal yoga and prenatal level 2/prenatal vinyasa classes
- Ability to sequence both all levels prenatal yoga and level 2/prenatal vinyasa classes and to incorporate components of restorative prenatal and partner prenatal into classes
- Understanding of prenatal endurance based exercises designed to assist students in tapping into their physical strength as well as their mental, emotional, and spiritual capacities
- Exposure to a diverse lineage of meditations and learn the benefits of meditation during pregnancy, labor/delivery, and early postpartum
- Learn safe pranayama exercises during pregnancy and what to avoid
- Familiarity with how to set up a yoga space in a way that fosters community and creates a safe container for students to share from their heart.
- Ability to hold space and support students during check ins/class discussion
- Knowledge of perineal health and how the practice of yoga facilitates a healthy pelvic floor during pregnancy and with postpartum recovery
- Understanding of the differences between a hypertonic pelvic floor as well as a hypotonic pelvic floor and breathing exercises and asanas specifically tailored to each condition
- Knowledge of the anatomy of the abdominal muscles, what diastasis recti is, how to minimize diastasis recti during pregnancy, and safe transverse abdominal exercises to teach during pregnancy
- Education regarding how yoga can assist with optimal fetal positioning as well as modifications to make for breech presentation as well as a posterior position
- Knowledge regarding the typical anatomy and physiology during pregnancy and birth
- Understanding of the stages of labor and different pain coping strategies including how the practice of yoga can assist women in coping with intense sensations during labor
- Knowledge of adequate nutrition during pregnancy to support both the optimal development of baby and the expansive growth of the pregnant woman
- Familiarity with the midwifery model of care versus the medical model of care
- Understanding of perinatal mood disorders, signs and symptoms, treatment options, and scope of practice as a yoga teacher
- Comprehensive exploration of an an anthropological approach to breastfeeding
- Exploration on how to create a thriving prenatal yoga business
- Class observations and practice developing and refining your teaching skills
To learn more about Sara visit www.begraceyoga.com. Please contact Sara at email@example.com with any questions you have regarding the training.
Denver Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training at the mama 'hood
Feb. 2-4, Feb. 9-11, Feb. 16-18, 2018
- Fridays 5:00-8:00
- Saturdays 9:00-6:00
- Sundays 9:00-6:00
$1,600 /early bird rate of $1,400 if registered by January 15th
$250 non-refundable deposit (which will be applied to the cost of tuition) to hold your space
Payment plans are available. Please email Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding payment plans.
Additional Yoga Alliance Requirements
In addition to the contact hours received during the training, additional requirements are in place in order to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT). Following the training, trainees are also required to complete 20 hours of elective material (will be discussed in detail during the training), teach 30 hours of prenatal yoga classes, and have completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training with a Registered Yoga School.